Wednesday, May 26

carter's onesies

onesie fun!

I love Carter's onesies. They were my favorite for Lilly, favorite for gifts, and I am going a teeny bit crazy with them for Jane. They are so soft, thick, true to size, and the plain white are incredibly fun to decorate up. Recently, I have been loving dyeing the onesies before decorating. I use this simple method from Made (btw don't be lazy like me, I have found while the first onesie gets a pretty uniform dye job, trying to use the same dye water for a 2nd onesie usually creates a less than perfect dye job).

These orange ones (sunburst orange RIT powder dye) got their decorations from a paint brush and bleach. The "J" one has an "M" on the back for our last name.
onesie fun!
onesie fun!

I saw this idea from One Pretty Thing, decorating a onesie with a doily. I think that pink onesie might be my favorite! (pink dye is fuchsia and the brown dye is chocolate brown)
onesie fun!


I let Lilly go to town on these two with fabric paint and a paint brush. The white one in the back she went crazy with and when it was covered to her satisfaction, she still wanted to paint. So I used freezer paper to protect most of the brown one. She mostly painted the freezer paper though so when she was done I just outlined the heart stencil so it would be clear what she was painting in.
onesie fun!
onesie fun!

I know I should probably love the ones that Lilly decorated for Jane the most but I can't get away from that pink one, I love it!
onesie fun!

I just finished a super cute crochet dress for Jane. Lilly and I both agree, Jane will love it, it's blocking now!

6 comments:

Dani said...

Very cute indeed! I'll have to remember this for the next baby wave.

Can't wait to see the dress.

Rima said...

You are a genius. You make such beautiful stuff.

nicole said...

love them!! you have to make a ruffle butt one like on homemade by jill!! i love the brown one...soo cute!

calicodaisy said...

Jane will be quite well dressed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.