Sunday, October 28

KCWC: Oliver + S field trip cargo pants

pocket pants

I participated in KCWC a few weeks ago.  I really like this challenge and I think this was my 3rd time sewing along.  I had 3 projects I wanted to work on during the week.  The first up was a pair of cargo pants for Lilly.  Sewing pants for Lilly is a personal challenge for me.  She doesn't like wearing jeans as they are hard to play in.  I totally get it.  So last winter I made her two pairs of corduroy and denim chambray pants.  They seemed to be comfy and soft but because I made up the pattern from a pair of her fleece pants, the fit was off a bit.  This time I used Oliver + S field trip cargo pants pattern.  I love love love Oliver + S patterns, this was my 4th time sewing one of their patterns.  I just love how easy the instructions are and the finishing touches make the garment look really polished.

Lilly's pocket pants! 
pocket pants
pocket pants

Pattern: Oliver + S field trip cargo pants; size 6 with 2 inches added to bottom then a 2 inch hem

Fabric: cotton twill in khaki, Lilly wanted them exactly like the pattern picture

pocket pants
pocket pants

They fit her great and she has a ton of room to grow in these!
Untitled

No comments: