Friday, September 23

MADE sewing

I pretty much am in awe of everything that Dana of Made sews. It's insane what she busts out, with no pattern!! I have made a few skirts from her tutorials, the market skirt, simple skirt, and the circle skirt. I have been longing to try her 90 minute shirt and the flat front pants.

90 minute shirt. This was fun to make and sort of challenging to try. But it wasn't as hard as it looked and I do want to make more as I gained confidence from this first shirt for Jane. I used one of her onesies that fit her well now for my pattern and then added on a bit to the pattern to make it bigger. I ended up adding on too much and it is too big for now. I still really liked this technique and would like to try more shirts. In our move to Oregon, we had to get rid of a lot of surplus so we have no old clothes for me to doctor up. But I am thinking I could try with some fabric and do the hems myself.
90 min shirt
90 min shirt

Flat front shorts! I am a huge fan of this technique, HUGE! It was not hard at all and again I gained even more confidence for sewing clothes that don't scream homemade. Lilly is not a fan of jeans, anything that she can't bend down easily in to play or pants that fall off her hips and bum. After making these flat front shorts, I am feeling very confident that I can make her some "jeans" in a light weight denim. Those are on my ever growing sewing list.
flat front shorts
flat front shorts
flat front shorts


Elastic dress. There are so many people who rave about elastic thread. I have tried a few projects with it and it is nice but it is not as easy as some of these tutorials rave about. I usually end up having to pull and gather the thread to get as much ruching as I want. But then I usually end up pulling too hard and break some of the gather stitch. I still haven't figured out what I am doing wrong or if it is the way my bobbin fits in my machine. But here is a dress for Lilly. It has some issues but I do love the braiding for the straps. I want to make myself a shirt like this.
shirred knit dress
shirred knit dress
shirred knit dress

2 comments:

Karen Mccord said...

Jenni,
you do such inspiring, beautiful work. You have such natural talent and grace that you make it all seem almost effortless (but I now better)
You are such a blessing.
Love, momnonni

Karen Mccord said...

I meant to say, I know better :)