Thursday, October 20
I spent most of day 3 and 4 sewing flannel pajamas for Jane. I just had to finish them up on day 5. So I decided to make her a second pj top, since I often feed Jane breakfast in her pj's, she could always use extra tops. I decided to do a 90 minute top with the flannel, so I knew I had to cut it a bit big because of using flannel. So that worked but then I went and did a huge seam allowance and that ruined the top. It would fit on Jane but it was a struggle to get on and off, I knew it just wasn't going to be worth the trouble. So KCWC day 5 was a bust. But I did learn. Day 6 and 7 were an even bigger bust. I had no time to sew during the day and when I got the girls in bed each night, I was too pooped to sew. I feel good though that Jane got her last pair of leggings, some doctored up tops, and a set of pj's! Looking forward to the challenge again in the spring.
pattern: top pattern, McCall's 6152, I did not do the interfacing or facing, just used bias tape; pants pattern, traced from another pair
fabric: flannel from Joann's bought a few years ago