Thursday, October 13

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Days 1 and 2

leggings and 90 minute shirt

I have never felt I had the time to join in on the Kid's Clothes Week Challenge. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I was hoping to have the time. Jane has been taking some amazing hour plus naps so completing the challenge each day has been pretty good so far. I had another pair of leggings cut for Jane for a few weeks so I decided to use Day 1 of the KCWC to sew the leggings up (using the same tutorial as these leggings).
leggings and 90 minute shirt


For Day 2 of KCWC, I made Jane another 90 minute shirt. I cut this shirt a little big so I added a gather to the middle front but I think it should have been bigger. It looks a little messy.
leggings and 90 minute shirt
leggings and 90 minute shirt
leggings and 90 minute shirt

Jane actually needs more shirts. I am so over onesies. So also for day 2 and part of day 3, I cut some of her onesies off and hemmed the bottoms to become shirts. The shirt below, I used the rolled hem on my serger and stretched the knit to make it ruffle. I like the length on this, I was worried if I did a turned up hem the shirt would be too short. I made 3 other shirts from onesies. I am happy that now I won't skip over these clothes in her closet.
rolled hem onesie
October 054

No comments: