Friday, December 9

Simplicity 2574

Simplicity 2574

Lilly is really into dresses and tights right now. And anything that is her idea. I showed her this pattern and said we should go to the fabric store so she can pick out fabric. She was sold and I love what she picked out! She also put herself in charge of button picking.

Simplicity 2574

This pattern was a project runway simplicity pattern. I didn't understand what that meant until I went to buy fabric and cut out the pieces. There was not a set dress to be made with this pattern, you pick out all the design elements and make your dress how you want. It seemed really confusing because I found it hard to know what the name of each element was. But it all got figured out and it looks great. Lilly loves the rainbow fabric that she picked out and that corduroy is so very soft. She wears this about once a week, which is awesome. I have no idea why I made her two pairs of pants recently. One pair has gotten the lucky pick two times but the other none at all. But let's face it, I sewed them for fun for me!

Simplicity 2574
Simplicity 2574

Fabric: corduroy from JoAnns

Pattern: Simplicity 2574, size 6.

Simplicity 2574

1 comment:

Shorty said...

I can't believe how big she is! Your dress looks beautiful on her. Look out... you have a model on your hands!