Sunday, September 7

a need to sew

Two weeks ago I got this amazing urge to sew clothes. I wanted to sew myself a top, a flowy top. I went to JoAnns for a pattern and fabric but I just couldn't justify spending 8 dollars on a pattern, I have a craft budget limit you know. I decided to try making a wrap top with a pattern I found online for a toddlers wrap dress. I am not going to show it to you because I can't decide if it looks like a straight jacket or not. And if I showed it to you and told you I thought it looked like a straight jacket and you told me you agreed but then I changed my mind and wore it and loved it, you would feel bad that you said it looked like a straight jacket. So I will spare you that awkwardness and just show you later.

I also decided to make a taggie blanket for our new neighbor (he is a week old and supercute) and a new softer monster.

This monster has a hairdo and a tail. Sadly, Lilly doesn't understand that there can be two monsters. This new one has been thrown into the corner and told severely that he is just not welcome.

No comments: