I think I mentioned before that I have a few friends with babies baking away and some are not finding out the sex...making crafting for them hard. I guess it is just hard for me to do a neutral craft. I had a plan for a girl quilt and a boy quilt. I have been struggling with the fabric choices for the boy quilt so no work on that one yet. But I got the baby girl friendship star quilt done!
My blocks are not perfect. Edges are not lined up perfect. I need practice on cutting straighter and sewing straighter. I always think I nailed that cut or that seam but nope a little imperfection shows up anyway. that is okay.
I also worked on some of the blocks then took a break from the project. I came back and finished the blocks then realized I had two different star orientations! I thought no way am I ripping those seams out (so lazy), luckily I had a good plan that I thought would make use of the different orientations. Now that I see it all put together, I think I should have ripped out the middle star, and made it match the 4 corners but I still like it.
For the back, I really like just using one piece of fabric because I am just not that skilled at making a pieced back appear straight (making the quilt sandwich is hard enough to also have to worry about what the heck the back pattern looks like). Unfortunately, I needed just a few more inches to make a back, so I did do one piece of green. I really like that addition. Yea, for being forced out of the comfort zone!
Measures: 46 inches square before washing (I should remeasure it now after washing)
Fabric: The pink fabric is from the Posies from the 30's by Bev Proulx for Henry Glass fabric line. Green, yellow, and white are all from joann's.
Pattern: friendship star block