Monday, July 13

room projects and new to me blogs = inspiring!

Thank you for your congrats and crafty suggestions! I am so pumped to get started. My mom is also chomping at the bit to know b or g so she can start working on V2's quilt.


posters
I finally got poster frames for the posters I made last fall (posters download on the sidebar if you want), so room redo was on my mind. I know I said I wasn't going to start any new projects until I got all my other projects finished. But these raggy letters are such a good idea, I had all the supplies, and it was so nice to do a quick project.

raggy letters

I had some foam letters spelling out "Lilly's Pad" above her bed. They were a little tired. I like these raggy letters much better. For size, I cut letter templates out of a full sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Lilly picked out all the fabric for them and helped me hang them up. I wanted to hang the letters with clothes pins across a piece of string on the wall but they were a little floppy. I think it would be fun to add these letters to a tummy time mat too.

raggy letters


I found some new inspiring blogs, maybe you know these, maybe not but I thought I would share:

Made: lots of sewing especially clothes

My So-Called Kitchen: cooking! and she has a refreshing take on some vegetarian dishes but seriously this beer battered fish is good!

Gourmet Mom on-the-go: my neighbors actually go to church (used to, she just moved) with this cooker/blogger, she has really fun ideas for cooking with kids, dinosaur claws! how fun, dang my daughters peanut butter allergy

Cookus Interuptus: cooking whole foods, each recipe has a pretty entertaining video. So far we have tried, Grace's Mole Con Pollo, mexican brown rice, chicken teriyaki and vegetables all good

what new to you blogs are you enjoying?

4 comments:

Casey said...

I love those ragged letters! I wish I had more fabric so I could make the whole alphabet for my son.

those cooking blogs look great! I'll have to make a list of new to me blogs too, there's a few I'm loving right now!

Stephanie said...

YOURS!!!
And I too love those letters... I have an idea brewing ;)

dana said...

Thanks for the blog link! And those letters are adorable. I love the frayed/ragged edges too!

Rima said...

Such cute little posters! And your lettering is so great.