Thursday, January 29

need to take your mind off something?


craft something for someone in need! I am sad. My grandma is sick. I didn't know what to do with myself so when my boss told me to just go home, I couldn't just sit and be sad. I just signed up for Kelly McCaleb's 31 birth-day celebration (go there you can help too). I made a receiving blanket and crocheted some booties (pattern here). Strangely, as I was working, a phone call made the news of my grandma official but the sewing and crocheting made me feel better. I think I will make some more. I need to make more as things keep adding up and now my mom's dog (the best dog in the WHOLE world) is sick. I don't mean for this post or the blog to be a sad place but it feels good to get it out. I am sad, mad, sorry, helpless, frustrated and everything in between. I am all the way across the country and can't even give hugs to the people that need them. I just don't know what to do. So I think I will go back to crocheting...crochet hats for patients on chemo and preemie babies. Is there an organization I can donate these too? I work at a hospital and I am waiting to hear how I can get these hats to my own hospital but I read something online that said "no handmade donations", can that be right? Does anyone know where I can send hats?

5 comments:

nicole said...

i'm so sorry. i hope things start looking up. the things you made are adorable! let me know if i can do anything... talk, listen, whatever.

Casey said...

I'm so sorry all these sad things are happening.

I love the idea at Kelly's site, the booties you crocheted are cute

Shorty said...

I have been crocheting some baby beanies for premature babies, too. My church donates them to a local hospital. I'll find out the specifics and can get back to you. I know they are for Neonatal Intensive Care Preemies, perhaps you could call your local hospital and see if their NICU ward accepts them, too.

I agree with you...making those little things make me feel so good! What a comforting hobby!

Norma said...

sorry to hear you're going thru some sad times. take care.

calicodaisy said...

I know. I always do like to crochet or hand sew when I am mulling things over, and I usually take a totebag with something to do in when waiting at the doctor's office or hospital. I read your next day's post and see all is much better. -- Michele