Wednesday, February 18

my next big project

As soon as I get up the nerve (which I hope is soon), I am going to quilt this:

grandma's quilt top

My grandma put this top together in the early 80's but never quilted it before she passed away. My mom had it stored away for years. She gave it to me when I was working on my very first (and only quilt thus far). For awhile, I just couldn't decide what to do with it. As you can see it is not very pretty. But I could not bear to cut it up or toss it out. and now I am in love with the idea that it will be quilted. In fact it is so big I will be able to use it on our spare bed. Anyways, I plan on stippling it so I really want a big chunk of time to have a good go at it.

grandma's quilt top

This quilt top must have been use what fabrics you have!! man oh man.

grandma's quilt top


On a sad note, my mom's dog that we thought was on the mend had to be put to sleep earlier this week. But my grandma had her cancer successfully removed with surgery. It was a rather large area but it doesn't seem to have spread anywhere else. ups and downs. ups and downs.

2 comments:

Shorty said...

Thank you so much for adding my button!

I loved your post and left a comment yesterday, but I must've x'd out of the box before saving it. This quilt top is great and I can't wait to see the finished product.

UK lass in US said...

I'm glad that your grandma's surgery went well. That's such a shame about your mum's dog, though.