Monday, March 23

an "award" but not for my purse

here is my purse:
Butterfly cable purse

After seaming the bottom and trying it on. I like it a bit more. I wasn't sure that I wanted to possibly waste my time with lining it but I will. I have never lined a knitted or crocheted purse before so why not try and at least learn something. My first attempt was last night. Purse 1, Jenni 0. I think I shall do some reading on lining first and then try again. any suggestions?

I was very excited to check one of my favorite blogs and found she gave me an award. How FUN! Shorty at Securityville is really funny and sarcastic. I don't read too many blogs like hers so I like the uniqueness of her too.

Now I must list seven things that I love, then pass this award on to seven bloggers that bring me tons of joy!

1. obvious choice. I love my family. 2. I love organization. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and calm. 3. um, crafting? yes please! 4. I love all the sharing that goes on through blogs. I have learned and tried so many things thanks to all the sharing of ideas. 5. I love my little blog. I like keeping a record of what I make and I like to try and give back for all the sharing that I have come across. 6. I love the little pats on my back from my daughter while she is hugging me. 7. I love finding a good deal especially on crafty bits!

I am going to award.. 1. Our Little Life 2. Salt and Chocolate 3. The Toby Show 4. F 5. Elise Blaha: Enjoy It 6. my happy little life 7. UK Lass in US

7 comments:

nicole said...

thank you!!

i LOVE the purse - i don't think it is too big at all! good work.

Shorty said...

Very cool purse! Is it heavy or light on your shoulder? Can't wait to see what you pick for the lining material.

Pam said...

LOVE it very stylish NO way on being tooooo big WOW the knitting is something else You are so talented !!!!!

Jo-Ann said...

Hi, I love your purse! Futuregirl's blog has a tutorial for lining knit and crochet bags.

Kristin Finch said...

thanks for the award, that was so sweet of you! Love the purse as well. I made my first pair of baby legs yesterday and I just love them! So easy and so fast to make, from start to finish. Sometimes I need those kinds of projects.

UK lass in US said...

Thank you! Although I don't really feel worthy of something with Kreativ in the title - I've been such a slacker on the crafting front lately...

Your bag looks gorgeous. Here's the link to futuregirl's tutorial: http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2008/10/tutorial-sew-a-lining-into-a-crocheted-bag.aspx

jenni said...

thank you for the links, she had a worksheet and everything!