Sunday, November 1

fit for a real garden artist

Gregg's mom celebrated her birthday today. She loves to spend time in her garden. Thus, this garden artist apron was perfect for her.

garden artist apron
(geez iron much?)

This project is in Simple Sewing with a French Twist. The book requires you to take all small pattern pieces found in the back pages and enlarge them at a place like Kinkos, no thanks what a pain, but I found this pattern that gave measurements to make the apron instead. So I did that but followed the books instructions the rest of the way. It just needed a brooch to dress it up a bit.
garden artist apron

We grouped it with some new gloves and tulip bulbs.
garden artist apron

Happy Birthday Karen! I think Lilly said it best after we got off the phone with you this evening "we all love Nonni!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift for a gardener!

Anonymous said...

A Lovely gift...

UK lass in US said...

How lovely! I've got some of that fabric that you used on the binding / brooch. I'll have to remember how great it looks with green gingham.

clintandleximorgan said...

Love it! So cute. I want a garden so I can get one of those!!

Yarni Gras! said...

what a great gift!