Sunday, November 29

want to make list: christmas crafts

A nice long weekend with cooking, eating, shopping (Joanns was everything I was hoping for on Friday!), playing, and crafting! It is official...Christmas crafting has begun!
November 353
(she really was having fun, that is her concentration face)


Lills and I worked on this ornament ball wreath. The tutorial is great but I don't love our final product. I needed more ornaments, I only got half as many as the tutorial suggested (I didn't see that before I went to the store) but it was fun for Lills and I to do this together and we got all the ornaments from the dollar store which it made it cheap.
ornament ball wreath

This list will grow and grow with all the new ideas around blogland for the season...Yay!!

for the tree


wooden ornaments
stuffed house ornaments
felted tree ornaments
snowflakes
crochet birdies
felt birds
granny stars (done!)
granny trees (done!)
polaroid ornament

for the wall

ball ornament wreath (done)
pom pom wreath (done and just for everyday!)
framed trees
crochet garland


for the table

table runner (no need my mom made me one!)


I hope you had a long weekend too!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

soooooooooo jealous you got to lap up the goodness in joanne's!
i'm curious what your base was for your wreath. i made a super sweet "ball of balls" and had some left over and wanted to do a wreath with the rest but styrofoam is KILLER on the wallet.
p.s. my word verification is: anticroc! hilarious.

Unknown said...

What are you talking about!? That wreath is awesome!! So cute!

The Hulls said...

I agree with Mel! I think the wreath is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I thought your wreath was brilliant.

Thanks for all those great links. I think my limited crochet skills could even accomplish the granny star and tree!

Shorty said...

I love the wreath! It's 'wonky' which is my new favorite sewing term. Can't wait to see your stars and trees. I've got to make some quilted ball ornaments tonight, then I'm hoping to try out the crocheted trees. Can't wait!

Katie May said...

I love the wreath! In fact, I want to try and make one. How did you the ribbon on the top of the hanger? And how did you secure it to your wall?

clintandleximorgan said...

Darling wreath. So want to make that. How many balls to I need?

Jenn said...

The ornament wreath is GREAT!! Love it! Very beautiful idea! Thanks so much for sharing!
Merry Christmas!!
Jenn
glass-block-crafts.weebly.com (free Christmas craft and decorating ideas ebook!)

T. Joi said...

Pure Inspiration!!! Thank you so much. I have a three and a half year old who wants to do everything mommy does. The wreath will be an excellent project for her. We even picked up the ornaments tonight. Thanks again.

laura c. said...

I love the crochet birdies! I usually make or buy ornaments every year for the women in my family. I think these birdies are it! I best get started. Thanks for the link.

ps I love both of your wreaths!